Engineering Technical Advisor (ETA)
Geographical location : La Ciotat (France)
Contract : open-ended contract
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
We provide service in the oil, gas industry and renewable energy. We require an enthusiastic, hardworking and ambitious staff.
The Engineering Technical advisor will support the Engineering team for OTEC / SWAC system by delivering a high profile of Design, New built, Repair and Maintenance.
He will be also in charge of developing technical SURF package
In the frame of the SURF department, the ETA manager will manage engineering design team (10pax max) to conduct project of new-built design, modification and repair and technical assistance to bid.
The project manager will conduct the design and manage the following specialties:
* Naval Architecture
* Structural design
* Mechanical Engineering
* Experience in HDPE will be appreciated
* Piping & machinery systems design
* Electrical & Instrumentation design
* Mooring system design
* Commissioning & trials assistance
* Stability tests
* Assistance for procurement (MTO)
* Engineer, Possess minimum a PHD or Engineer degree in Marine Offshore Engineering from international recognized university.
* Minimum 10 years of relevant engineering experience in Offshore and Marine Industry
* Exposition to Asian market with minimum 3 years of expatriation is requested
* Experience with class wil be appreciated
* Good leadership, planning, organizing and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work well independently and in a team
* Experience in shipyard will be appreciated
* Field experience / English spoken, written and working language
Main requirements for the position will be:
* To deliver the project within the critical path from scoping through to close-out.
* To deliver (through a combination of document authoring and managing of document authors) a wide variety of project management deliverables including (but not limited to); project manuals / project execution plans, risk registers, project schedules, CTRs, Variation Orders (VOs) and tracking registers, sales invoices monthly project reports, Daily Progress Reports (DPRs), progress meeting minutes etc.
* Be able to plan, direct and coordinate engineering assignments to ensure that they meet objectives,
* To provide leading efforts to analyze, design, and produce complex Naval systems and major sub-systems
* To interpret and apply specifications when designing mechanical and naval items
* To Manage, chare, prepare and participate in design reviews with internal and external customers
* To ensure technical direction of other engineers, drafters, test operators and technicians on specific work assignments
* To Follow/support the development of new technical principles, theories, concepts, techniques and processes
* To Maintain effective working relationships and communications with external customers and suppliers as well as internal
* To prepare, checking, and coordinating the release of documentation to support system manufacture
* To analyze product design requirements and recommending solutions
* To Extrapolate ideas into product requirements and applying the philosophy of concurrent design to manufacturing processes schedules and budgets
* To Travel (<10%), including troubleshooting/fact-finding visits onboard marine vessels and shipyard
* To strive for continuous improvement and teamwork in product development and processes